Sunday, January 19, 2014

Study Tips: The Entire Semester




It's a new semester, and I'm sure just about all of us had "study more" on our new years resolution. When you think of studying you probably don't think about doing it until a few days before the test. While you definitely should study before the test, there are also a few things that you can do throughout the entire semester as well that would make studying before the test a piece of cake. Here are some of my best tips.



Writing things by hand helps you remember. Then if you want them to look more neat as well as drill the information into your head even more, you can type your notes later. I do this for every class and it really does help because you are re-reading all the information again and really committing it to memory. I put the if possible part because I know that there are some professors that you have to use a computer to type up their notes because you couldn't keep up otherwise. If this is not the case though I highly suggest hand writing and then typing them up later. Trust me you would see a difference.



You know that time you spend on Facebook and Pinterest while you are waiting for your next class to start? Yeah that could be probably be put to better use. First thing you need to do is find a quiet spot on campus that you can see yourself being productive in. It might be the library but it doesn't have to be! In fact that is where everyone else goes so it might be distracting. Explore your campus and find that one place you feel comfortable. If you stay there between classes and actually do something (example: type up your notes from the class you just went to), you are more likely to get it done then if you were to wait until that night when you know you're going to want to watch TV instead. Treat college like high school; that entire time you are on campus you should be working on something so that when you leave you are free and can do what you want! Also you can make a to do list, here is a link for a free printable. That way you can see what all you need to get done and you are more likely to do it!



Seems obvious (especially with Lilly Pulitzer agendas around) but there is a difference between owning a planner and actually using it efficiently. Write down all your assignments. You are more likely to do something when you physically see that you have something coming up. It puts things into perspective. Also to be more efficient make a to do list in order of importance.

Here are some great posts about picking out an agenda and how to organize it!
Lily Pulitzer vs. Kate Spade
How I Organize My Agenda
A Look Inside My Kate Spade Agenda

Well I don't have many tips but these three are important and will help. Also another quick tip, go to class! If you go to every class it is almost impossible to fail. Hope these were helpful!

Here are the rest of posts in the Study Tips series:
In Class
Before a Test


xoxo Lauren




*all pictures are mine

10 comments:

  1. I agree 100%! I just found your blog via Pinterest, and I love it! I love all of your Lilly accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great tips! I'm really trying to be a better student this semester, too! Easier said than done, but we will see how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stinking adorable! I love the font and the colors you used, and of course, I 100% agree with your tips! Thanks for following me on GFC, I'm glad I came to check your blog out! :)

    xoxo, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great study tip that can help during mid-terms or finals is a method of studying that takes a bit of commitment from the first day of class. It's a method I call "24/48/7." First review any new information withing 24 hours of receiving it (your tip on typing up notes after writing them is perfect for this one!), then review the information again within 48 hours of receiving it, and then again every 7 days. This method helps convert information from short-term into long-term memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i love your wallpaper, do you mind if i ask where you got it from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found out your blog and i just can't stop reading it. So glad you dedicate time to give us advices, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I found your blog through Pinterest, and all of these are really great tips!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys! Please check out my lifestyle and tips blog! icedcoffeeandcollege.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete